Aktara is a popular insecticidal agent for intestinal contact with pronounced translaminar activity. The active substance of this insecticidal preparation is not phytotoxic thiamethoxam.
Aktara: composition, form of release and purpose
Light cream-colored crystalline powder is odorless. Analogs and synonyms of the composition:
- Doctor TB
The solution can be used to protect garden plants and indoor plants. Effective against a wide range of plant parasites. Instructions for use allow you to breed and then use the remedy against scale insects, thrips, mealybugs, Colorado potato beetle and aphids. Insufficient effectiveness is noted in the defeat of garden crops and flowering plants, including indoor crops, with ticks and whiteflies.
The advantages of the application are presented:
- improving the quality indicators of the formed crop;
- preservation of foliage of garden, garden and ornamental plants;
- economic benefits due to the low rate of application of the drug;
- maintaining efficiency in difficult climatic conditions, including rainy weather, low humidity and high temperature conditions;
- as long as possible protective effect;
- the possibility of soil and land application;
- extended exposure spectrum.
"Aktara" from the Australian manufacturer Syngenta KropProtekshn AG is available in the form of water-dispersible granules or VDG, as well as a suspension concentrate or KS. The drug is best proven in the processing of grapes, apple trees, pears, currants, potatoes, cereal crops, ornamental shrubs, orchids and other flowering crops.
How to use Actara
Actara preparation: instructions for use for indoor plants
The preparation has different packaging, but 1.0 g packaging is ideal for processing indoor plants. The liquid form quickly penetrates the foliage of plants and its shoots, as well as the root system. High efficiency is noted, both when spraying a room flower, and when making an earthen coma during irrigation.
The advantages include long-term protection against a whole range of damaging factors, economical spending and a minimum number of sprayings. Preparation of the solution takes little time. Quick solubility allows you to quickly and easily dilute the product. For five liters of room temperature water, 4.0 g of Actara should be added. High efficiency is guaranteed even under adverse environmental conditions.
Aktara: features of use for processing orchids
For external use and treatment of the root system, 4.0 g of the substance is diluted in five liters of liquid. Irrigation measures are carried out with a less saturated composition based on 1.0 g of an insecticide diluted in a bucket of liquid.
Half an hour after processing, plant parasites stop eating. After about a day, all pests die completely. The introduction of "Actara" through irrigation measures at the root allows you to provide a protective effect for a couple of months.
The result of spraying the aerial parts of the decorative and deciduous culture is protection against damaging factors for a month. Strict adherence to all recommendations, data manufacturer in the accompanying instructions, almost completely eliminates the possibility of resistance in plant parasites.
Plant protection products in spring
Instructions for use of Aktara insecticide for horticultural crops
If the use of "Actara" is supposed to be in not too neglected areas with a low level of damage by soil bugs such as podura, columbola and enchitrea, or mushroom mosquitoes, then diluting a gram of the drug in a bucket of ordinary water used for irrigation will be sufficient. In other cases, you may need to use the following dosage:
- Tomatoes grown on ridges of open ground and in greenhouse conditions are treated from aphids, whiteflies and Colorado beetles with a solution based on 1.2 g per bucket of warm water. When watering under the root, a concentration of 4.0 g of Actara per 10 l of water at room temperature is used;
- Cucumber plants grown on ridges of open ground and in greenhouse conditions are treated from damage by aphids, tobacco thrips and whitefly solution based on 2.0-4.0 g per bucket of warm water. When watering under the root, a concentration of 8.0 g of Actara per 10 l of water at room temperature is used;
- eggplant and pepper bushes grown on ridges of open ground and in greenhouse conditions are treated from aphids, tobacco and rose thrips, a solution based on 2.0-4.0 g per bucket of warm water. When watering under the root, a concentration of 4.0-8.0 g of Actara per 10 liters of water at room temperature is used;
- ridges with onions are sprayed from defeat with an onion fly and thrips with a remedy of 4.0 g per 10 l of water;
- for spraying the crown of orchards and cabbage seedlings, it is required to breed 3.0-4.0 g of the drug in a bucket of warm water.
Liquid products are perfectly absorbed by the soil layers, and also quickly penetrate into the aerial parts of crops, so in most cases a single preventive or therapeutic measure is required. The standard flow rate can vary between 100-300 ml per hectare of cultivated area.
Reviews about the drug
Reviews characterize modern insect-fungicide positively. Actara has good compatibility with many modern insect fungicides, growth regulators and pesticides. An exception is drugs that have an alkaline reaction, therefore, prior to their simultaneous use, a standard compatibility check by mixing is mandatory.
An important point is the need to take into account the peculiarity of the product when used in repeated treatments to cause addiction of harmful insects, therefore, experienced gardeners and gardeners recommend alternating “Aktara” with other insect fungicides. It is imperative to use a respirator when working, as well as safety glasses and rubber gloves. Unused solution must be disposed of.